With 2018 fast approaching and after reflecting on the past semester in my last blog post, I am so excited to take on the next semester. With a little bit of college completed now, I have a few things I think I could work on to make next semester even more successful than the Fall 2017 semester.
After all, every new year is a chance for change, improvement, and new adventures. In college, there’s plenty of room for all of that and more! If you’re a student, either currently studying at the University of Illinois or a high schooler still working away at your senior year, maybe you can relate to my Illinois New Year’s Resolutions in some ways, too!
Without anymore delay, here are a few resolutions I hope to keep this year at the University of Illinois!
1. Take up exercising at Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) or Campus Recreation Center East (CRCE).
2. Study in any one of the university libraries more often.
3. Get a small job this spring 2018 semester.
4. Ride my bike or walk more often than I take a bus (when it gets warmer outside, of course!).
5. Don’t procrastinate on essays or large projects!
6. Get a reasonable amount of sleep every night.
7. Break assignments up into smaller, more enjoyable chunks.
8. Hang out with my new college friends more (I’ve missed them over winter break!).
9. Call home more often while I’m on campus (I loved being with my parents this winter break!).
10. Enjoy the Illini Union more often!
These are just a few of the many New Year’s resolutions I have rolling around in my brain, of course! I have a good feeling about the upcoming semester.
2017 wasn’t a bad year, so I know 2018 will be fantastic. I hope everyone has a happy newyear and an awesome 2018.
Hey, this was my last blog post of 2017. How cool!
Until next time, I-L-L!