Don’t forget about your transcripts!

Hiya, everybody! I hope your summers are off to a great start; I mean, how could they not be? You’ve already been admitted, you’re finally graduating high school, and you’re gearing up to join the Illini family in the fall!

However, don’t go into full relaxation summer mode yet, because we still need a couple things from you, including your transcripts. As always, I am here to walk you through the process.

Our office needs your official, final high school transcripts by July 10. In order to count as your final high school transcripts, they must include your grades for years 9 through 12 and confirmation of graduation. If your final transcripts won’t be ready by then, you must send an official transcript with your grades from years 9 to 11 by July 10, followed by your final transcript as soon as it’s available.

It’s important to remember that we do not take transcripts directly from students, so you should ask your high school to send your transcripts to us. High schools can send transcripts electronically to, or paper copies can be mailed directly to our office.

Now, there may be some special cases when you need to send additional materials to our office. Look below for some situations you may run into:

  • Multiple U.S. high schools: If you’ve attended multiple U.S. high schools and your current school doesn’t list the grades from your previous school, you should send transcripts from both your current and previous high school. If your current school already includes the grades from your previous school, you only need to send us your final high school transcripts.
  • International high schools: We need an official transcript for any international school you attended issued directly from that school. If you aren’t able to get an official copy from the issuing institution, we’ll also accept a true, certified copy of the original issued from your current school.
  • AP tests: These scores are sent electronically and directly from the testing agency. Contact CollegeBoard to get these scores to us!
  • Dual credit classes: If you took a dual credit class, send us the official transcript from your previous institution that is awarding credit. Even if the coursework shows up on your high school transcripts, we need this transcript to award college credit.
  • International Baccalaureate: If you’re a student at an IB school, you need to send us your transcripts so we can verify term grades. If you are at an international school, you may also need to include your IB Diploma Certificate to verify a date of school completion. IB exam results should also be sent to Measurement & Evaluation for credit on campus.
  • British system (GCSE/IGCSE/O Levels/A Levels): Send Admissions your official final results. These can be sent by the testing agency or as a certified copy from your school. We understand that the official results for these exams are typically not available until August; please send everything else available in the meantime. You may send your statement of results to use for your high school completion; however, you will need to follow up by sending your official results to receive credit for your A Levels. We cannot award credit using the statement of results.
  • Indian Standard X and XII Exams: You should have your school send us a certified copy of your official results.
  • Transcripts without graduation dates: Some international schools do not include graduation dates on the final high school transcript. In this case, please include your graduation certificate with your final transcript.
  • Translations: Records not issued in English must be accompanied by an English translation that is certified by an appropriate school official, official translator, and U.S. embassy or consulate official.

Once you send your transcripts, it could take 2 to 3 weeks for them to be sent and processed into our system. You can check to see if we’ve received your documents by looking at your Admitted Student Checklist in myIllini. If you’re confused about the process for any reason, always feel free to contact our office and ask!



Admissions Counselor
I am originally from New Jersey, but I grew up and graduated high school in the north suburbs of Chicago. I love being an admissions counselor because I get to meet and interact with remarkable students almost every day!


  • Hello, is it okay if my high school counselor sent the transcript through naviance? And also, should the transcript show the exact date of graduation, or can it be only month and year?

    Thank you

  • Hello Jiwon,

    Your counselor can send your final high school transcript through Naviance. Make sure they send it to this email address, The graduation date can show month and year.

    Please let me know if you have any more questions.

  • Do the transcript and graduation certificates have to be original documents or will a photocopy of them suffice ?

  • Hi Ferzem,

    The transcript and graduation certificates have to be official documentation. Illinois will not accept photocopies.

    Please let us know if you have any more questions.

  • Hi,
    My final transcript says it has been received in MyIllini. This means that the transcript has been reviewed and processed and I am all set, and my acceptance is no longer provisional, correct? All of the things in my admitted student checklist have been checked off. Please let me know ASAP!

  • Hello,
    I contacted the Admissions Office because it takes a long time for my college to process my transcript and award my High School Diploma as well as my Associates Degree. The admission officer said he put a note and said to me that it’s okay to send the transcripts whenever my college has it ready. I hope my admission won’t be rescinded. I did sent my college transcripts with my final grades, but not with the degrees yet as they are not ready yet. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

  • Hi Kishyori,

    There is a note in your file about your transcripts arriving late. You will not be rescinded because of that. You can send your transcripts with the final grades, but make sure to send Illinois official transcripts with your degree when they are available.