1/8th of The Semester Is Gone Already!

I know it may be hard to believe, but the semester is not young anymore. As a matter of fact, it is already 1/8th of the way done. That’s 12.5% of the semester gone just like that! Of course, with that being said, the other 87.5% of the semester will feel long because of impending homework, class time, and extracurricular activities, which will certainly heat up.

In college, 16-week long semesters might seem daunting, but take it from me: Those weeks fly by! As you busy yourself with extracurricular activities and your studies, you will find that a rhythm develops. You will stop consciously measuring time at all. Being super busy is a great thing.

For me, I realized that this rapid passage of time makes it even more important to soak up every moment of my time in college. This year I am a senior and that means that my remaining time in college is limited. I am trying my best to cross every single item off my list of things I want to accomplish before the end of college. I’m visiting with old friends, taking outside-of-the-box classes, and trying to make as many memories as possible.

If you are still in high school or are now a freshman in college, try to take in your college years as much as possible. Try to take a break from planning out the future and experience the here and now. You’ll never get it back.

 

Jacob

Jacob

Class of 2019
I’m an Advertising student within the College of Media. My hometown is a place called Fairmount, Illinois, which is about 30 minutes from campus. I began my Illinois journey in the Division of General Studies.

1 comment