At this moment you could be studying, cramming, reading, etc. but honestly, I’m glad you’re willing to take the time to read this in order to help with future exams! During my 1.5 semesters at Illinois, here are some of the best tips I came up with to help during exams and stressful academic workloads.
- Open your textbook You payed a couple hundred bucks on these bad boys, may as well crack ‘em open and use them to help study for exams!
- Plan ahead of time My planner has saved me. Deadlines are no joke, they’ll creep up on you really quick. You also may forget about having 2 or 3 exams in the same week, so it’s good to keep everything in a single place.
- Notecards Notecards are so helpful. According to science, not only does writing your notes help, but repetition does as well… so this is a perfect tool!
- Team Work Not understanding a concept is totally normal. If you visit your TA and professor during office hours and are still a little confused, it’s a good idea to seek our help from classmates. Oftentimes, classmates understand and interpret information in their own way. Maybe you’ll understand a peer’s explanation better.
- Confidence is key Don’t stress too much. If you’ve studied and prepared enough, it will show. Go into the test confidently and don’t second-guess yourself!
These are just a few tips that have helped me and I hope they help you prepare for your exams and assignment-heavy weeks as well!