Don’t Forget Admissions Yet! – Final High School Transcripts
School is out, your graduation gown is packed away, and you are getting ready to register for your fall classes on campus. The Admissions Office and your previous school are in your rear view mirror, right?
Not so fast! All admitted freshmen still need to send final high school transcripts to ensure your enrollment.
July 10th, the deadline for transcripts to be submitted, is around the corner. Let’s make sure we give you all the tools you need to get another step closer to coming to campus this fall.
So….what exactly are we looking for?
We are looking for a 9th through 12th grade transcript that includes a graduation date or statement.
Usually the straight forward transcripts will cover what we need, but there are a few schools and systems that are different or have additional steps to receive course credit on campus. I will list those below:
- Advanced Placement Scores: The test scores need to be sent to the Admissions Office from College Board.
- International Baccalaureate: Students at IB schools need to send us their transcripts so we can verify term grades. If you are at an international school, you may also need to include your IB Diploma Certificate to verify a date of school completion. IB exam results should also be sent to Measurement and Evaluation for credit on campus.
- Dual Credit Classes: If you took a dual credit class, you need to make sure you are sending us the official transcript from the community college, college, or university that is awarding credit. We need this transcript to award any credit.
- British System (GCSE/IGCSE/O Levels/A Levels): Send Admissions your official final results, provisional results will not fill the requirement. These can be sent by the testing agency or as a certified copy from your school.
- Indian Standard X and XII Exams: Students should have their school send us a certified copy of their official results.
Please remember, these are official documents and we will not accept them via email. Transcripts should come to us via traditional paper mail or through a vendor that your school uses to officially send transcripts (think Naviance or Parchment). If your school doesn’t have one of these services you should mail your transcripts.
Live kittens are also appreciated.
Another note for our international students, if you switched schools, please send us a transcript from each school you attended 9th through 12th grade. Sometimes things from your original transcript can be lost in translation as you switch schools.
If for some reason you will not be able to get your transcripts to us by the July 10th deadline, please make sure you are reaching out to our office. We are generally helpful people and understand that some schools or exams may not be available yet. Typically if you can’t send us senior year, we will request 9th through 11th be sent to us by the deadline, at the very least.
After this, you are one step closer to being an Illini. We can’t wait to see you all on campus this fall!