Hello admitted Illini!
We are thrilled to welcome our new class of admitted students to campus. As you are finalizing some of the last details before starting classes in the fall, the time is here to sign up for Summer Registration! So what is Summer Registration?
Summer Registration is a required program for all incoming students. Please plan to be on campus the entire day for your program. If you live within 500 miles of campus, you will come to Champaign-Urbana for your program. Other students may complete the program online.
You can sign up for Summer Registration via your Admitted Student Checklist on myIllini. You have to accept your offer before you can sign up for a program.
Now the fun part … what to expect at Summer Registration. For me, the most exciting part of Summer Registration is officially signing up for your first semester of classes at Illinois! But do not worry, you will have an individual meeting with your academic advisor to discuss all of your options for classes. Academic advisors are a great resource to discuss course planning, career goals, study abroad, research, and more!
You will also do a lot more throughout the day, like …
- Go to our resource fair after check-in! It’s available from 8:15 to 9:00 a.m., and it’s a great way to familiarize yourself with campus resources.
- Go to the university welcome and college meetings with your guests.
- Go to your departmental meeting solo (guests will have separate programming; you’ll see them again later in the afternoon).
- Chat with an advisor.
- Sign up for your classes. You do this via self-service in a computer lab on campus.
- Get your i-card.
- Attend an afternoon student session. While you’re there, take a picture with Alma!
If you can, we would encourage you to bring along a few guests to Summer Registration. We have some specific programs for families and guests to participate in throughout the day.
Once you have signed up for a program, make sure you do the following things before coming to campus:
- Send AP scores if you have them.
- Take placement tests 2 weeks before you come to registration (available May 1).
- Do your college homework (available starting in April via your Admitted Student Checklist).
If you have more questions, check out our FAQ page or give us a call at 217-333-0302. C-U this summer (I’m sorry … I couldn’t resist!)