We need your transcripts, new Illini!

Happy summer! I hope your summer break is off to a great start.

Summer is often a time to relax and have fun, but don’t go into full relaxation summer mode yet, because we still need a couple things from you—including your transcripts. As always, we’re here to walk you through the process.

When & What We Need

Our office needs your official, final high school transcripts by July 10. To be considered final, they must include your grades for years 9 through 12 and a confirmation of graduation. If your final transcripts won’t be ready by our deadline, you must send an official transcript with your grades from years 9 to 11 by July 10, followed by your final transcript as soon as it’s available.

Your high school may send your transcripts through an electronic transcript vendor. If your school doesn’t work with a vendor and is a U.S. school, your counselor or registrar can email a PDF directly to etranscript@illinois.edu using their school account. Your high school can also mail official paper copies directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Unfortunately, we do not accept electronic transcripts emailed directly from students or from international institutions.

Special Cases

Now, there may be some special cases when you need to send additional materials to our office. See below for some situations you may run into. Be sure to read through all of the points!

Multiple U.S. High Schools

If you’ve attended multiple U.S. high schools and your current school doesn’t list the grades from your previous school, you should send transcripts from both your current and previous high school. You only need to send us your final high school transcripts if your current school already includes the grades from your previous school,

Dual Credit Classes

If you took a dual credit class, have the institution that’s awarding credit send us your official transcript. Even if the coursework shows up on your high school transcripts, we need this transcript to award college credit.

International High Schools

We need an official transcript for any international school you attended, and it needs to be issued directly from that school. If your school had an exam-based curriculum such as IB, A-Levels, Standard X/XII, etc., see those sections below. We’ll also accept a true, certified copy of the original issued from your current school if you aren’t able to get an official copy from the issuing institution. 

If you’ve completed multiple curriculums, please review any relevant information below. Again, we do not accept electronic copies of international transcripts.

AP Tests

These scores are sent electronically and directly from the testing agency. Contact CollegeBoard to have these scores sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

International Baccalaureate

If you’re a student at an IB school, you need to send us your transcripts so we can verify term grades. If you’re at an international school, you may also need to include your IB Diploma Certificate to verify a date of school completion. IB exam results should be sent to Measurement & Evaluation for credit on campus.

British System (GCSE/IGCSE/O Levels/A Levels)

Your official final results must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, either by the testing agency or as a certified copy from your school. We understand that official results for these exams aren’t typically available until August. Please send everything else to us in the meantime.

Although you may use your statement of results to show your high school completion, we can’t award credit based on this document. We need the final, official certificate. When you receive the final certificate, bring it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and we will make a certified, true copy for our records.

Indian Standard X & XII Exams

Have your school, ministry of education, or EducationUSA advisor send us a certified copy of your official board examination results.

Transcripts Without Graduation Dates

Some international schools do not include graduation dates on final high school transcripts. In this case, please include your graduation certificate with your final transcript.


Records not issued in English must be accompanied by an English translation that’s certified by an appropriate school official, official translator, and U.S. embassy or consulate official.

It can take two to three weeks for your transcripts to be sent and processed into our system. You can check to see if we’ve received your documents by looking at your Admitted Student Checklist in myIllini. If you’re confused about any part of the process, always feel free to contact our office and ask!



Admissions Counselor
I graduated from Joliet Junior College with an Associate of Arts and from Illinois with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Leadership and Education. I'm currently pursuing my Master of Education in Higher Education. I grew up on a small livestock and grain farm in Central Illinois.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.