Submitting Official Transcripts

Congratulations on making it to summer! I hope you all are enjoying the transition from online school work to the start of a great break.

Although it is time to kick back and relax, don’t trade those folders in for flip-flops just yet. We still need a few necessary materials from you guys to ensure your successful enrollment at UIUC.

What We Need & When We Need It

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is requiring all official high school transcripts to be in our office by July 1. For a transcript to be considered official, it will need to include your grades from years 9 through 12, including a confirmation of graduation. If your final transcript won’t be ready by July 1, we will need you to send an official transcript with your grades from years 9 through 11 by July 1, followed by your final transcript as soon as available.

Your high school may send your transcripts through an electronic transcript vendor. If your school doesn’t work with a vendor and is a U.S. school, your counselor or registrar can email a PDF directly to using their school account. Your high school can also mail official paper copies directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Unfortunately, we do not accept electronic transcripts emailed directly from students or from international institutions.

Special Cases

We do understand there may be some special cases when you need to send additional materials to our office. Check out the information below for some situations you may run into. Be sure to read through all of the points!

Multiple U.S. High Schools

If you have attended multiple U.S. high schools and your graduating school does not include grades from the previous schools, you will need to send transcripts from both your previous school(s) and your graduating school.

Dual Credit Courses

If you took a dual credit class, have the institution that’s awarding credit send us your official transcript. Even if the coursework shows up on your high school transcripts, we need this transcript to award college credit.

International High Schools

We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We need an official transcript for any international school you attended, and it needs to be issued directly from that school. If your school had an exam-based curriculum such as IB, A-Levels, Standard X/XII, etc., see those sections below. If you are unable to send us final high school transcripts or the equivalent by the deadline, we will need years 9-11, IGCSE, or Standard X, etc., results sent by July 1. We’ll also accept a true, certified copy of the original issued from your current school if you aren’t able to get an official copy from the issuing institution. 

If you’ve completed multiple curricula, please review any relevant information below. Again, we do not accept electronic copies of international transcripts. We will continue to work with students throughout this time, so if you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at

AP Tests

These scores are sent electronically and directly from the testing agency. Contact CollegeBoard to have these scores sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

British System (GCSE/IGCSE/O Levels/A Levels)

Your official, final results must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, either by the testing agency or as a certified copy from your school. We understand that official results for these exams aren’t typically available until August. Please send everything else to us in the meantime.

Although you may use your statement of results to show your high school completion, we can’t award credit based on this document. We need the final, official certificate. When you receive the final certificate, bring it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and we will make a certified, true copy for our records.

Indian Standard X & XII

We understand there is a delay in results for many of the Indian Board Exams. We will need you to send official transcripts from years 9-11 or Standard X Boards before July 1, as we wait for your final examination results to be awarded.

Transcripts Without Graduation Dates

Some international schools do not include graduation dates on final high school transcripts. In this case, please include your graduation certificate with your final transcript.


Records not issued in English must be accompanied by an English translation that’s certified by an appropriate school official, official translator, and U.S. embassy or consulate official.

It can take two to three weeks for your transcripts to be sent and processed into our system. You can check to see if we’ve received your documents by looking at your Admitted Student Checklist in myIllini. If you’re confused about any part of the process, always feel free to contact our office and ask!



Senior Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach, Undergraduate Admissions
I'm here to help high school students and their families navigate the college search process. An Illinois alumnus (LAS ’02), I had the honor to play football for the Orange and Blue.

Add comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.