Have you found yourself wondering where some new study spots could be? Do you want to find new places for adventures with your friends? Here are some of the “hidden gems” of UIUC and the Champaign-Urbana community that I recommend you check out!
- Caffé Bene
- It’s not necessarily a hidden gem in terms of coffee, but you should definitely hang out and study there. The vibes are incredible.
- Communications Library
- Located in the basement of Gregory Hall, you’re almost always guaranteed to have a quiet study space in one of the most unique buildings on campus
- College of Education
- The newly renovated basement of the College of Education building has some of the most unique study rooms on campus with resources you cannot find anywhere else
- Krannert Center
- I studied here once last year in the snow, at a table by the window that overlooked the north side of the building, and it was such a beautiful view. Strongly recommend, however, it all depends on the pandemic. Keep it in the back of your mind!
- Hang out on the South Quad
- Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE our main quad, but the south quad is one of my favorite places on campus because it’s a little bit more secluded with the amount of people you’ll run into; and, the trees in the fall are absolutely beautiful.
- Arboretum/Japanese Gardens
- The Arboretum is one of the most beautiful spots on campus, especially in the fall. I strongly recommend making the walk over, take some food for a picnic, and enjoy the leaves changing!
Have fun discovering some more hidden gems of our beautiful campus!