Submitting Official Transcripts and Scores

Congratulations to all of you as you close in on your summer breaks! I hope you all are enjoying your shift from your schoolwork to an exciting and relaxing summer. Even though you may have finished up all of your high school academics, Illinois still needs some official materials to ensure you enroll successfully.

What Materials We Need & When We Need Them

Our office, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, needs all official transcripts by July 1, 2021. Transcripts are considered official once they have your final grades from years 9 through 12, as well as a confirmation of graduation printed on them. If your final transcript won’t be ready by July 1, 2021, we will need you to send an official transcript with your grades from years 9 through 11 by July 1, 2021, followed by your final transcript as soon as it is available.

Your high school may send your transcripts through an electronic transcript vendor. If your school doesn’t work with a vendor and is a U.S. school, your counselor or registrar can email a PDF directly to using their school account. Your high school can also mail official paper copies directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Unfortunately, we do not accept electronic transcripts emailed directly from students or from international institutions.

Special Cases

We do understand there may be some special cases when you need to send additional materials to our office. Check out the information below for some situations you may run into. Please make sure you read through all the points below!

Dual Credit

If you took a dual credit class, make sure that you have the institution that is awarding the credit send a transcript to our office. Although the courses may be printed on your high school transcript, we will need the official copy from the awarding institution to award college credit.

International High Schools

We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We need an official transcript for any international school you attended, and it needs to be issued directly from that school. If your school had an exam-based curriculum such as IB, A-Levels, Standard X/XII, etc., see those sections below. If you are unable to send us final high school transcripts or the equivalent by the deadline, we will need years 9-11, IGCSE, or Standard X, etc., results sent by July 1, 2021. We’ll also accept a true, certified copy of the original issued from your current school if you aren’t able to get an official copy from the issuing institution. 

If you’ve completed multiple curricula, please review any relevant information below. Again, we do not accept electronic transcripts emailed directly from students or from international institutions at this time. We can, though, accept electronic transcripts sent through one of the following vendors:   

  • Parchment 
  • MaiaLearning 
  • BridgeU 
  • Naviance 
  • XAP 

Please have your counselor list the documents as transcripts (when available) when they send them through an electronic vendor and not as other. 

Otherwise, official paper copies can be mailed directly to our office by the high school or college at the address below: 

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
901 W Illinois
Urbana, IL 61801

Records are considered official if they meet one of the following criteria: 

  • The issuing institution sends them directly to the University of Illinois. 
  • They are certified as true copies by an official of the educational institution, an embassy official, or an appropriate government official.

Records not issued in English must be accompanied by an English translation that is certified by an appropriate school official, official translator, or US embassy or consulate official. If you have any questions, please feel free to email our office at

AP Tests

These scores are sent electronically and directly from the testing agency. Contact CollegeBoard to have these scores sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

British System (GCSE/IGCSE/O Levels/A Levels)

Your official, final results must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, either by the testing agency or as a certified copy from your school. We understand that official results for these exams aren’t typically available until August. Please send everything else to us in the meantime.

Although you may use your statement of results to show your high school completion, we can’t award credit based on this document. We need the final, official certificate. When you receive the final certificate, bring it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and we will make a certified, true copy for our records

Indian Standard X & XII

We understand there is a delay in results for many of the Indian Board Exams. We will need you to send official transcripts from years 9-11 or Standard X Boards before July 1, 2021, as we wait for your final examination results to be awarded.

Transcripts Without Graduation Dates

Some international schools do not include graduation dates on final high school transcripts. In this case, please include your graduation certificate with your final transcript.


Records not issued in English must be accompanied by an English translation that’s certified by an appropriate school official, official translator, and U.S. embassy or consulate official.

It can take two to three weeks for your transcripts to be sent and processed into our system. You can check to see if we’ve received your documents by looking at your Admitted Student Checklist in myIllini. If you’re confused about any part of the process, always feel free to contact our office and ask!


Senior Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach, Undergraduate Admissions
I'm here to help high school students and their families navigate the college search process. An Illinois alumnus (LAS ’02), I had the honor to play football for the Orange and Blue.

Add comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.