Service and philanthropy opportunities, for me, have always held a lot of value. Add that on to my love and passion for Illinois Basketball and you get Orange Krush. Joining the Orange Krush and being an active member in the organization has been the greatest highlight of my time at Illinois so far.
- Meet new people
- Orange Krush is where I met some of my best friends. We’d wait in line to get into each game and it was the conversations that were had in the pre-game lines where I found some of my favorite people!
- Engage in a variety of different philanthropy events
- Orange Krush is a nonprofit organization, which means that throughout the year, events are held to help others. Some of those events run throughout the year, but one that stands out to me was when we made dog toys out of old recycled shirts and donated them. It was really cool to get to witness first-hand where my money was going and how many people were being impacted by it.
- A spot to watch the best team in the country compete night in and night out!
- If you love Illinois basketball and going to games with your friends, Orange Krush is the organization for you! My friends and I always had a competition to see who could get on the Jumbotron first, and we had so much fun making fools out of ourselves to try and win. Cheering on the team who is putting Illinois basketball back on the national map is the best!
Obviously, things are a little different this year, but I could not recommend joining the Orange Krush as soon as you can and being a part of the best student section in the country.